Warhammer Quest: Knight Questor WIP pt1

I was hoping to get some Retributor Armour to paint the Knight Questor but the local had none in stock so I've tried out a mix of Gehenna's Gold and Auric Armour Gold instead. I'm not use to painting miniatures unassembled like this but did so because of a few areas that would be otherwise difficult to reach or inaccessible, namely the inside of the cloak, scrolls and the back of the shield.

For the base coat I mixed some Gehenna's Gold and Auric Armour Gold. about 30:70 ratio, 20:80 even...a lot of Auric Armour!.
Apply Ogryn Flesh Wash.
Apply the original mix of Gehenna's Gold and Auric Armour Gold.
Working towards highlights progressively add more Auric Armour Gold to the mix.
Start adding Runefang Steel to the mix.

Add more RuneFang Steel to the mix and work towards a mix that's more RuneFang than gold.
Apply a little watered down Brown Ink on recess areas. Ogryn Flesh Wash might also do. 
A single coat of Fenris Grey was painted on the blue parts just to see what they'd look like and that's about as far as I got today. I wont be painting the rest of the blue just yet as I want to finish the difficult to reach parts (cloak, scrolls, shield) before putting him together and then working on the blue.

3 comments:

benvoliothefirst said...

Simply gorgeous!

Llama said...

I am with him ^

Wow!

BizzareWarstar said...

Thank you kind Sirs. Almost done, should be posted by the week end.